Sunday, June 9, 2013

Book Haul #1

How exciting! This is my first book haul on this blog! I had a graduation party yesterday, and I figured: what better way is there to spend money than on books? So needless to say, I had a little shopping spree at the out-of-town bookstore today. I bought:


Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
I was recommended this book by my lovely boyfriend and some of the other people in his Literature class. I've heard it was really good, and I haven't read a classic in a while, so I picked it up. 


A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
Everyone raves about the amazing world-building hidden in the pages of this series. There was no way I could let myself not buy this.


Cinder by Marissa Meyer
So many book bloggers have recommended this book to me when I posted it as my last week's Wishlist Wednesday. This was one of the more expensive books in my haul. Hopefully it'll be worth the arm and the leg I paid for it. 


The Selection by Kiera Cass
Again, this is a book I've only heard good things about. I have it as an eBook, but the formatting went wrong and I never got around to actually reading it. Picked up a paperback copy today just for the heck of it. 

 

The Luxe and Rumors by Anna Godbersen
Today, I also invested in the first two books in The Luxe series. I haven't read Historical Fiction in so long, so I'm really excited to start these because HF was my favorite genre as a child. And I just love Victorian Era Manhattan.


On an un-book-related note, I also bought the 30th Anniversary ANNIE Broadway Cast Recording for $3. What can I say? I'll always be drawn back to my musical theatre roots. The highlight of my :"career" began with that one role: Annie. Now I'm just obsessed. 














3 comments:

  1. Great haul! I have Game of Thrones on my shelf but have yet to read it or watch the show.
    I really want to read The Selection. Maybe this summer I will :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to read all of the A Song of Ice and Fire series this year, but I don't know how I'll manage it with schoolwork.

      I just started The Selection tonight, and so far it's pretty good! I say go for it!

      Delete
  2. Great choices! I really enjoyed The Selection, and actually have a review on my blog http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com, Was hoping you could tell me what you think, I would really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete